Sunday 29 January 2012

Beautiful Bread

And we're finally reconnected with the world again!  No more crafting to report though as I've been really busy at work and with the MOT for my car.  So I've got a picture of the sewing I did last weekend that I couldn't upload then.  Only started sewing at the start of the month, but why not throw yourself in at the deep end with a quilt project?!  And not an especially simple one either.

Mum and I went to Malvern quilt show last year - I went to try out some sewing machines before I committed to having one, but got too nervous that I'd get frustrated and say too many swears in front of the stallholders that I didn't try any in the end!  Anyway, the point is...my first quilt show and (to Mum's hilarity) I came away with two fat quarters and a jelly roll.  The jelly roll is using the Hometown range by Sweetwater for Moda, and is GORGEOUS!  So I'm now attempting to make the Blue Lagoon quilt from Mum's Jelly Roll Quilts book.



Those are the four squares I've made so far, and the final batch of them will be made next time I pinch Mum's rotary cutter.  And in Wallingford I bought some calico to make the plain patches and border.  Just the backing and binding to find now.  Oh, and make it, and hope it looks halfway decent.  No mean feat!



So no new sewing to report, but I did bake my first ever loaf of bread today!  Still to be put to the taste test tonight with The Boy's sausage and lentil casserole, but it looks pretty good and sounds hollow.  Fingers crossed!x

No comments:

Post a Comment