Sunday 4 March 2012

Birdy Bag

Well it doesn't look like spring's coming to Oxfordshire any time soon.  We've got a lovely mix of rain and snow coming down at the moment, so no glorious sunshine like last weekend.  Looks like the spring wardrobe is going to have to wait a while for its first outing!

So to cheer myself up yesterday I broke open the hot chocolate, and got cracking on my Lotta Jansdotter All Day Tote.  With fabulous results!  I used the bird fabric Mum bought in Malvern, and there's still just under half a metre left for something else.

The terrifying cutting up of all the pieces taken care of:



And the final bag:



Complete with magazine pouch and flask pocket



And interior pockets...



And key chain



I think I've been annoying The Boy with how excited I am about it, but he can't be that annoyed as he agreed to take the photos!  So I'm feeling incredibly positive about it, and not feeling quite "Sew Useless" as before.  It's still going to take some serious bravery to attempt the skirt though!

I've also finally finished piecing together all my four patch squares for my Blue Lagoon quilt.



Just starting on creating my rows now, but still lots of cutting of the calico to go.  More stealing Mum's rotary cutter!

I'm going to attempt making some soda bread now - got to use up the leftover buttermilk from the pink velvet cupcakes.  And then I might even make some scones.  First time for both of them, so really going all out with trying new things this weekend!  Will report back soon on how they both went x

No comments:

Post a Comment