Thursday 23 February 2012

Lots of pretty things

So it's been a pretty busy couple of weeks but I've got lots of nice pictures out of it!  First of all I baked chocolate biscuits for Valentine's day.  The recipe was for Two Chocolate Zebras from The Great British Bake Off book - dark chocolate and white chocolate.  Except I kept my two doughs separate, made little hearts and then sandwiched them together with a suitably Valentine'sy pink buttercream.





Last weekend Mum and I finally got round to starting on the hare.  We cut and stuffed all our pieces, but didn't have a doll needle to do the button joints.  So, this is what he looks like so far....



Not looking especially hare like just yet!  But if you hold all the pieces together you can imagine it.  Sort of!

And then a little more baking.  This time it was for my manager's 40th birthday surprise.  She's a great fan of pink, and I had a giant cup and saucer that I knew would be perfect for something.  So I made pink velvet cupcakes (Hummingbird Bakery's famous ones but with pink colouring instead), iced with cream cheese frosting, and decorated with wafer flowers.



And to go around the saucer, Nigel Slater's chocolate cookies.  Dark chocolate with finely chopped hazelnuts and white chocolate chips.  Deliciously chewy in the middle!



As a brilliant payday bonus, the email newsletter from Seamstar had their new feature of 40% off specific fabric.  And the fabric which was featured was Monaluna Marin Poppies which I've been lusting after for a looooong time!  Two metres for £18 - absolute bargain!  So at some point when I'm brave enough to attempt it, it should hopefully become a gorgeous A line skirt.



So, if that wasn't enough GORGEOUS photos for you....here are some pretty shoes I bought today.  £4, Primark, lovely summery yellow, job done! 


Until next time...xx

No comments:

Post a Comment