Monday 12 March 2012

What's the fastest cake in the world?

....Scone!  That joke still makes me chuckle, so here's a picture of the scones I made last weekend.


Teeny tiny miniature scones.  With clotted cream and raspberry jam.  So these are the good batch (the five that wouldn't fit on the tray of the first batch).  The first batch (of 18) got a little toasted.  And by a little, I mean a lot!  'Preheat oven to 200 degrees' was somehow interpreted by my feeble brain to mean 'preheat oven to max and cremate the scones'.  Oops!  But this lot were pretty good actually.

What to burn - I mean, BAKE - next? 

Sewing-wise, I've still been piecing together my Blue Lagoon quilt.  I've got all my calico rectangles joined to my four patch squares, and I've got all my individual squares cut up.  Now just to cut the remaining calico and I might have some actual quilting to do!

So until I've cut the rest of the calico, I sat and methodically planned where to put all my four patches.   They were predominantly red, so every set of yellow squares and blue squares is now paired to a red, and the leftover reds are paired with reds (obviously!).  So now I just have to sew the rest of them to each other to finish my rows.  Providing I don't lose my colour chart to remember which order to put them in!

And then once I've finished the rows, I'll put a picture up.  Now, I'm off to scoff the second Creme Egg of the season with a gigantic cuppa!

No comments:

Post a Comment