Sunday 31 January 2016

I hate armholes aka chambray dress part 2!

Make the chambray dress part 2. Yeah why not, fun little job for a Sunday. WRONG!

First things first, got this bad boy out for the second time







Oh yeah, second time overlocking. This is some beautiful, near perfect overlocker work...







This is not... Not even close to where I'd basted it. Frickety frick frack.






Moving along swiftly from taking it in I decided to crack on with the shape of the neckline. Used a vest to get the line I wanted and made a sort of pattern-ish thing to cut it. Super pleased with myself, but as usual I was cut down in my prime!








Somehow managed to tuck part of the edge somewhere and shredded it. Bugger! I've overstitched (is that even a thing?!) to stop it fraying even more but am still in a strop about it.

Now onto the title theme... How the effing jeff does one sew armholes? I thought it would be easy enough just following the line of the old ones but oh boy was I wrong.







This is what an armhole looks like when someone who has no idea what they're doing makes it up as they go along!

But I persevered. Now in a really serious grump. Incidentally, a good way to determine the hem length when you're in a bad mood is to just hang the dress up and cut at it. Works wonders!

Anyway, I'm now cooling off with a cuppa while the dress hangs in the sin bin. Here's the final result. Annoyingly it was perfect fit across the bust until the armhole incident. Oh well, onwards and upwards!





















No comments:

Post a Comment